Sunday, August 11, 2013

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts

Last week, I decided to try something new. I was sick of eating my usual vegetables, so I thought outside the box a little bit. I was at the grocery store and saw some local brussel sprouts that were just delivered to the store that day. Of course, I bought them. After all, buying fresh and local produce is very important to me. 

Since I've been so busy lately, I've decided to update my blog weekly. If I have more time during certain weeks, I will upload more recipes.



Ingredients:
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
6-8 brussel sprouts, cleaned, cut in half, and steamed in microwave for 2 minutes
2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar

Materials:
Large, deep frying pan
Large microwavable dish
Wooden spoon or Tongs 
Tablespoon

Clean brussel sprouts. Before cutting them in half, chop off most of the hard bit at the end. Slice brussel sprouts in half, and steam in a large microwavable dish with a little bit of water on the bottom for 2 mins on high in the microwave.

While the brussel sprouts are steaming, place EVOO in a large, deep frying pan on the stove cooking on medium heat. Let oil get really hot before putting brussel sprouts in.  

When Brussel sprouts are done cooking in microwave, drain water, and place brussel sprouts in frying pan. Pour Balsalmic vinegar over brussel sprouts and stir. Flip after 7 minutes and continue cooking for another 7 minutes. Brussel sprouts are done when almost black in color on both sides. Balsamic should be thick and stick to the brussel sprouts.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment