Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Caramelizing is a PEACH of Cake

I bought some local Georgia peaches at Whole Foods the other day. I had the urge to do something I've never done before: caramelization. I frantically searched recipes on the internet, but nothing really appealed to me. I made up my own recipe, and decided to serve my caramelized peaches over a salad with carrots and chicken breast stuffed with thin cheddar topped with my special balsamic dressing (can't give the recipe away for my dressing, sorry). Honestly, caramelizing was a PEACH of cake. 

Caramelized Peaches

Ingredients:
2 peaches cut into slices
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/2 of a lemon
2 tablespoons of sugar

1. Cut peaches into slices (like you would an apple), and set aside.
2. In a deep pan, melt the butter on medium-low heat. When the butter is completely melted, slowly add the peaches by sliding each slice down the side of the pan (this avoids butter splattering on you). 
3. Stir the peaches around in the butter for about 5 mins, frequently stirring and flipping the peaches in order to cook both sides. 
4. As the peaches begin to soften after 5 mins, evenly sprinkle the sugar over the peaches. Stir & turn the peaches until they are yellow-brown in color.
5. Drizzle half of a lemon over the peaches and stir for about a minute.
6. Remove from heat and let them cool in a dish for several minutes before serving. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment