Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Apple & Brie Melt

Sick of eating a regular, boring, grilled cheese on white or wheat bread with either American or cheddar cheese? Well, I have a better grilled cheese that's more appealing to the palette-- an Apple & Brie Melt... or as I like to say, "Gourmet Grilled Cheese." The only thing I felt was missing to my meal was a white wine tasting. The secret is to slice the apple into very thin slices. I used french baguette bread because it complements the cheese and granny smith apple better than regular bread.

*Slice the apple thinner than I did in the picture. The picture below was the first time I made this delicious gourmet grilled cheese. I forgot to take a picture the last time I made it with thin slices of apple. Sorry y'all!

Ingredients:
1 large Granny Smith apple, sliced into very thin slices
4-6 oz of Brie
1 loaf of French baguette bread (Ciabatta would work well too)
Butter, for pan

Yields: 2-3 sandwiches

Materials:
Cutting board
Small sharp knife (I call mine a fruit knife)
Butter knife or cheese knife to cut brie with
Frying Pan 
Spatula
Serrated knife

Slice Granny Smith Apple and brie into thin slices.
Slice a piece of baguette open on one slide and place brie and apple slices on bread. Make sure there is enough to cover the sandwich. 
Melt a few tablespoons of butter in pan on low heat. 
Place sandwich in pan and continue cooking on low. Flip every now and then until grilled, and cheese is melted. (I push the bread down with my spatula a few times so the cheese will melt and the sandwich won't be as hard to eat)

No comments:

Post a Comment