Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tzatziki

I read an article about how good cucumbers are for you, so I decided to make my favorite cucumber side dish/sauce: Tzatziki. I looked at a lot of recipes, but decided to make my own recipe up that was healthier (I don't like sour cream). I topped chicken gyros with my Tzatziki sauce. You could also serve pita chips or pita bread with Tzatziki and make it more of an appetizer. 





Ingredients: 
1 large cucumber chopped and diced (make sure it's long too)
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 oz greek yogurt (I used 0% Fage)
Dill, chopped
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves chopped (or 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic out of jar)







Materials:
Cutting board
Serrated knife
Medium mixing bowl
Tablespoon
Teaspoon

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Mix well. Chill in refrigerator for 30 mins. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment