Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Modern Greek Version Of Caprese Salad

Last night, I decided to make as I like to call a "Modern Greek Caprese Salad." Originally, I wasn't planning on cooking anything, but I decided to make up a recipe with ingredients I already had in my fridge. Plus, I used the excuse of "I need to use the tomato before I go away on vacation or it will go bad." Yes, that really happened. If you're a healthy eater, love salads, and/or Greek food, you will absolutely LOVE this recipe. My boyfriend raved all night about how good this recipe was. The best part is, it is so easy to make.

Servings: about 3

Ingredients:
1 large heirloom tomato, diced
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (aka EVOO)
3 teaspoons feta
Pepper, to taste

Materials:
Small mixing bowl
Teaspoon
Tablespoon

Combine Tomato, EVOO, and Feta in a small mixing bowl.  Stir. Mix in Pepper. Enjoy. Make sure to serve cold/room temperature. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment