Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bobby Flay's Red Wine Sangria

One of my favorite drinks in the summer is Sangria. I find that it's so refreshing after a long day of work.  I found the best Sangria recipe. I divided all of the measurements in half because I wasn't hosting a big party.




Ingredients:
2 bottles of red Spanish table wine (Merlot, Red wine blends, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir)
1 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1 cup orange juice
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup simple syrup, or more to taste (equal parts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
Orange slices
Apple Slices
Blackberries
Pomegranate seeds (if in season)



Materials:
Large pitcher
Serrated knife
Cutting board
Small sauce pan
Measuring cups/spoons

Mix all ingredients together and let stand in a tightly sealed container or pitcher for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment